Monday, August 16, 2010
Making Memories
I know very little about space. But when I heard about the Perseid Meteor Shower this year, I wanted to see it. I thought it sounded so cool. (Actually when I was a kid one of the things I wanted to be was an astronaut. Hey, maybe that should be the next thing that is blogged about with the fellow bloggers. Just a thought.) I remember my dad waking me up at some point when I was a kid to see a meteor shower. I don't remember if it was this one or not. The Perseid Meteor Shower is visible around the same time every year so it could have been. Anyways, so I heard that Thursday was the best night to see it. The best time was after midnight, but I was afraid I wouldn't feel like waking up sometime after midnight. So, before the kids went to bed I asked them if they wanted to go with me to see if we could see a meteor shower. They said yes and were very excited. (I know they had no idea what I was talking about. lol!) I decided to go so last minute that I wasn't sure of where to go. We ended up in my brother-in-law's driveway. My son and I were on a sleeping bag in the driveway while the Little Bit was asleep in the car. My oldest was not home. It was very cloudy and we only had a small window of sky to watch. We were about to give up and go home when we saw one! It was so cool. We tried to wake my Little Bit and hoped to see another one. However, we did not see another one and laying on the ground was starting to hurt my back. (No jokes about getting old.) I want to do this again next year. And next year we will be better prepared with more blankets or maybe even a lawn chair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment