Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Update

I got some good news. I talked to the nurse at my neuro's office about my MRI. The MRI did show a small new lesion, but it was not enhancing. The nurse told me that my doc said to keep doing what I'm doing. I am taking this as good news that the medicine is working. I am still going to my appointment to see the doc in a couple of weeks. I will be able to ask him more about the results then. I guess he could still say that he wants to switch my meds when I go see him. If he does, I will deal with it then. I feel ready to do what it takes to slow this crazy thing down.

Also, I am going to start a new diet. I did some blood work at my PCP and I have elevated cholesterol. I would have never have guessed. It is not very high where I need medication. My doctor told me to work on it with diet and exercise. I wanted to start exercising anyways because I do need to loose weight, too. Hopefully I will be able to figure out a healthier way to eat and get my numbers to where they are supposed to be. I also found out my B12 is on the low side. So, I will be adding a vitamin, too. Maybe with all of these changes I will get some more energy. I have been extra tired. I am going to look at my new diet with things in moderation not totally eliminating things. I unfortunately love bacon and eggs and most anything fried. :) The good news is that I love fruits and veggies. But don't look for me to be eating oatmeal all the time. Yuck! Unless it counts in a good batch of no bake cookies.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

Wouldn't that be awesome, if no bakes counted as healthy?!? Good news from your MRI!! I'll keep praying :)

April said...

Thanks, Gretchen. :)