Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones.... My dad kept singing this because, like the movie, my trip to Philly was filled with planes, trains and automobiles. (The song is a part of the movie in case you have never seen it.) The reason for my journey to Philly was to see this little guy.



Like I said in an earlier post, he is my nephew and he is very sick. He is at the children's hospital in Philly. He is on the list for a heart/lung transplant.

I was able to stay with my brother in the Ronald McDonald House. This was the last thing I would see at night before I fell asleep.




The bed I was in was right against this wall. Not my favorite cartoon, but very fun for kids. :)

One afternoon during my nephew's nap, my dad and I went out to find the Liberty Bell. We saw lots of tours including this one.



They were out of tickets to get into see Independence Hall. The space is so small they only give out a certain number. But we walked around it and I got a picture of it. They are doing work on it, so the top part was covered.



The Liberty Bell



On the way back to the car we saw Benjamin Franklin's grave.



And that was my little historical tour of Philly. Most of the time was spent in the hospital or at the Ronald McDonald House. Here is just a cute shot of my other nephew. He is Weston's big brother. He almost always goes with him to the hospital. They are best friends. He is a big helper with Weston.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I'm glad you were able to go visit Weston! He is a cutie!!

Um, it would be awful to have Sponge Bob be your last sight each night! LOL