You guys probably know that I have an amazing nephew who is waiting for a heart and double lung transplant. His name is Weston and he is 6 years old. He is such a wonderful little kid. (If you would like to know all the specifics of his story you can join his Facebook page Praying for Weston.)
He has been in the hospital this time for over 17 months. There have been times when we weren't sure he was going to make it. However, he is so strong and such a fighter. I did not see how he could leave the hospital before he received his transplant. Well, our God is full of surprises and miracles! Today our sweet boy left the hospital.
I am full of emotions about him leaving the hospital. I am happy, nervous, excited, joyful, and nervous... I cannot even image how my bother and sister-in-law are doing. And Weston! He went into the hospital 17 months ago when he was 4. Wow. Since I learned he may get to leave the hospital I have been praying so hard for him to be able to have a smooth transition. Here is he outside of the hospital. It was so surreal seeing this picture today.
All I can say is thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. And also thank you, God, for being full of surprises. What a mighty God we serve!




3 comments:
What a neat post. I didn't know about Weston, but I will begin praying for your sweet nephew. :)
That is so incredible. Love following his story.
I love this. LOVE.
Post a Comment