Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All Juiced Up

I went to the doctor's office today for my steroid treatment. I think that it is so weird that IV steroids can leave an awful taste in your mouth. Yuck! And I might be a tad bit sensitive today....and maybe tomorrow. And I won't be playing in the church softball league either. :) I talked to the nurse about being tired all the time. Of coarse, today I wake up feeling pretty good and almost talked myself out of talking to her. The doctor is going to write me a prescription for a pill to try. The doctor was at the hospital when I was in the office, so the nurse is going to mail me the prescription. I will probably get it later this week.

I also talked some about what is going to happen when I go see the doctor in October. When I go back in October, he is going to look at my MRI and see if the MS is still progressing. If it is not, I will stay on my current medication which is an injection every day. (Doesn't injection sound nicer than shot?) If there is still progression, then I will stop my current medicine and switch to an infusion medication once a month. Robin, the nurse, keeps telling me not to worry about it. She tells me that the medicine is so much better now than it used to be. I am still feeling ok. I am just trying to be prepared for my appointment in October. Sometimes, when I get in with the doctor, I forget all of my questions. Or he tells me something unexpected and I don't know what to ask. If you are praying for me, please pray for continued peace and wisdom for me and the medical team treating me. I still feel an overwhelming peace about everything. I know that it is from God. I sometimes still get nervous or even scared about what is coming, but I can choose to flip a switch and focus on the joy instead. (That's a little bit from Sunday's sermon for ya. Thanks, Ron!) There have already been positive things that have happened because of my MS. I just keep trusting in Him and taking it day by day. Here is a verse I read yesterday, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm glad you still feel continued peace! (I'm sure you are making it sound easier than it really is!!) I'm praying for you :)
Oh, and yes, injection sounds way better than SHOT!! ;)

April said...

I have my days where I am very overwhelmed or even sad. I have more good days than bad though. And it helps that right now my symptoms are manageable. Thanks for the prayers!

Nana Keeton said...

I like the new design, daisies!! Very cool. Yes I am praying for you, so glad there are more good days than bad. Thanks for the inspirational verses you share and your faith. Loving you always. Mom