Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sewing Day

Yesterday was sewing day. A friend of mine put a picture of a dress she made for her little girl on facebook. It was so cute! She sent me a link to a blog explaining kind of how she did hers. I haven't made many things, so I sent the link to my mother-in-law and asked her if she would help me make one. She said that she would help me. She is very crafty and has made lots of things. I went to the store and bought the cheapest fabric I could find. I wanted to make sure that I could make one and that my little bit would wear it! This is my finished dress.





It looked too small when we were making it, but I wanted to go ahead and follow this lady's directions. We figured we could adjust the numbers next time. I really love how cute it is. And with my mother-in-law's help it was really easy. I'm not sure if I can do the next one by myself. Maybe if I have her on the phone to walk me through it. :) After we were finished with it, I reread the link. It said it was a pattern for up to a 3T dress. LOL My little bit is 6! Oh well. I gave it to my niece. She may have to wear some leggings, but it is cute on her.

My mother-in-law decided to take her fabric and adjust the measurements to make a dress that would fit my daughter. Here is the dress that my mother-in-law made.





Of coarse my little bit LOVED it. She put it on as soon as she saw it. Kept it the rest of the night. She also wore it to school today. In case you haven't noticed, or just don't know her, she loves to wear dresses. That was my fun day yesterday. I will let you know if I make anymore.

1 comment:

ginmommy said...

I love those little dresses!!! Cute !!