Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello, Mr. Sun

It has been raining here more days than not lately. I am not going to complain about it though. We are doing so much better than some of the others you see on the news around the country. It is so sad to watch. However, I have missed seeing the sun. A long time ago we made reservations to go camping this weekend. We have been watching the weather closely. It said it should be dry on Friday, dry on Saturday and 10% chance of rain on Sunday. So, we went camping! Yay!

3D chalk I found on clearance. The kids played with it until it was almost all gone.




My oldest brought a friend from church and we also had my nephew and niece, too. My in-laws were there with their camper. My sister-in-law also came down on Saturday with her two boys. I brought my tent. And we borrowed a small tent for the older girls. The four younger kids slept in the camper with Mamaw and Papaw on Friday night.

Here is Little Bit jumping out of the swing.




Saturday before lunch we found out that the weather had changed. It was now a 60% chance of thunderstorm on Saturday. We debated some but decided to go ahead and leave Saturday night instead of Sunday morning. It is hard to pack up in the rain. We also didn't want to sleep in the tents in a thunderstorm. We stayed until around 8:00 and then came on home.

My boy jumping out of the swing.



I loved being outside after I'm not sure how many days of rain and severe weather. I thought I was staying in the shade most of the time, but I did come home with a sunburn. I did not get a pic of that though. :)

No comments: