Thursday, April 28, 2011

Memories

Some of my blogger friends are blogging about memories. It can't be about getting married or having kids. So any other memorable moment is fair game. I have a few that I wanted to share with you.

When my brother and I were in elementary school, we used to play all kinds of fun make believe things. I remember once we made a volcano out of sand in our sand box. It was pretty cool. We even got it to smoke! Now remember that we were just kids when I tell you this next part. We used some oven cleaner and other cleaners to make the volcano smoke. Oops! We didn't know that mixing chemical cleaners was dangerous. And, for the most part, we grew up just fine. :)

We also played games that didn't make my mom lose years off her life. We had a radio that you could record onto cassettes. We would make our own radio shows. Also when the batteries were running down, we would record our voices with the batteries and then play the tape with the radio plugged in. It made our voices sound very funny. We would make forts and play in the woods.

Then, I grew up and had kids of my own. When my teenager was just around 2, she found the lotion in her room. She loved lotion and decided to put some on herself when she woke up. She was always a do-it-yourself kind of girl. We woke up to an unusual smell. When we went to go check on her we saw a funny sight. She was totally covered in not lotion but diaper cream. And just fyi, that stuff is hard to wash off an entire toddler.

Cut to baby number 2. My hubby is taking a turn changing a diaper in the middle of the night. It is dark and this time instead of a smell, it is a sound that is unusual. “What is that sound,” my sleep deprived husband asks. I know right away what that sound is and explain, “he’s peeing on the wall!”

One more that is just cute. My little bit had such a cute way of talking when she was just learning to talk. We still remind her that she used to call mac & cheese, mokey. It was very cute.

That’s a couple of my memorable moments. Hope you enjoyed them. :)

1 comment:

ginmommy said...

I did enjoy them, they made me smile :) Especially you and your bro with the dangerous chemicals, sheesh!!! :) Thanks for sharing.