We had a busy, busy weekend. Friday night we went to get some ice cream. The kids get a free scoop if they have an A on their report card. Since I didn't have a report card, I had to pay for my waffle cone of some buckeye ice cream. It was worth it. :) We met up with some family there. The kids were so cute playing together. They were playing and singing songs. So cute!
On Saturday, we got up early to go to the MS walk. I forgot my camera. I will blog about that once I get the pictures from my mother-in-law. It was a great walk. My parents came in for the walk. After we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. It began to storm while we were eating. We were so thankful that the storm held off until after the walk. We waited for the rain to slow before we headed home. The kids love the play place there.
Saturday night we had the family over to celebrate my new teenager. She wanted hamburgers and hot dogs with lemonade cake and a cookie cake. It was a good party. I still can't believe we have a teenager. It seems like she was just born, just learning to talk, just starting school. Ahhh....happy memories. I try to focus on those when the struggles of being a teenager come up. They make you appreciate your own parents. :)
It was a great weekend. I love being able to spend so much time with our family, especially my mom and dad. I don't get to see them as much because they live a few hours away. I know that not everyone has such a great relationship with their families like I do. We aren't perfect and we might not always see eye to eye, but we have it better than a lot of people. I am so blessed beyond what I deserve. Thank you, Lord.
1 comment:
Family filled weekends are fun!!! Glad you had a good walk. :)
Post a Comment