We went to Lowe's today to do a free kids' project. I have never been to one before. It was very fun. I hope we can go again. The younger two kids made a bird house that sticks on your window so you can see the bird that goes inside the house. It was really neat. They gave us a kit and a hammer and we joined all the others in the lumber section. Here is a pic of the kids at the end.

The opening is pretty small. It will be interesting to see what kind of bird, if any, try out the new houses. I am excited to see if they work, too.
After we finished our birdhouses, we went to Old Navy. They had polo shirts on sale for $6. I also thought I could find a nice shirt that my teenager could wear to church tomorrow. She doesn't usually wear dresses anymore. We found 2 shirts on the clearance rack. (Yay for 50% off!) I found polo shirts for the boy and the hubby. And of coarse Little Bit found 2 dresses she just had to have. I think we are all set for tomorrow.
The last thing we did while we were out in the monsoon was to go by Krispy Kreme and get free donuts. Krispy Kreme offers a free donut for each A on your grade card (up to 6). They even let you choose any donut, not just regular glazed. Ummmmm, donuts. I can hear Homer Simpson's voice in my head when I say that. :)
I still need to go to the grocery. I was hoping that the rain would slow down some before I went. We've been home for a few hours and it hasn't yet. Oh well. Luckily I won't melt.
No comments:
Post a Comment