Monday, November 14, 2011

For I know the plans I have for you...

Those words are from one of my favorite verses. I get great comfort from that verse and other verses like it. However, I still worry. I try and try not to worry. Some days I even do well at not worrying. However, it is a struggle. I have the new job at the church one day a week. It has been such a blessing. We can use the money and I love working with children. I found out a few weeks ago that my job takes a break through the holidays until the end of January. I didn't know that they would be taking such a big break. I have now found another part time job. It will be a couple of nights a week working with kids at a gymnastic place. I have my first official day today there and tomorrow is my last day at the church until after the break. Over and over God has taken care of us. We have never had lots of extra in out finances, but we have always made it work. We have always had a place to live, food to eat, the true needs in life. So, why must I hold on to this worry? The stress can drive a person crazy. Well, I am not crazy yet, but it is doing a number on my stomach. I am working on some new goals. Letting go of my worrying habit is one of them. Another is to memorize more scripture. I am with an online group of ladies memorizing a verse a week. Here are the first two weeks:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

Such a good passage to begin. I need to remember to fix my eyes on Jesus and the blessings in my life. When I do that my worry lessens and my trust grows. How about you, do you have a problem with worry?

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Thank you. This was perfect.