Tuesday, January 10, 2012
A Mini Goal
Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time. And by the first time, I mean the first time ever. I have never been before. I was very nervous. Luckily I have a very patient sister-in-law that went with me. She showed me how to use the treadmill and exercise bike. I actually enjoyed it. I was so proud of myself. I am going to a meeting tonight about training for a mini marathon. There is a local one at the end of April. I really want to do the mini this year. I always have in the back of my mind thoughts of this MS thing creeping around. It is weird to know that one day I could wake up and not be able to walk. It's just weird. There is also a chance it will never happen. I of course try to focus on the positive. I am actually a glass half full kind of person. I can't keep worrying about what MS might do, but it does get me motivated to do some things. My goal is to finish the mini. I don't have a time goal right now. I know I can do it. I just have to get to work on training. So, I am going to get off this computer and get to work! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment