Friday, March 2, 2012

Some Seussical Fun

We went to the local high school tonight for a Dr. Seuss night. It was with the local library and the high school theater group. Can you guess what production the high school theater group is doing next week? If you guessed Seussical the Musical you are right. Now can you guess what the kids want to go see next week? I'm not even going to say it, I think you know. :) The first thing we did was to make some Lorax mustaches.
Dr Seuss coloring pages
Do you see those little cups? They have dirt and flower seeds in them. *sigh* Those little cups were stressing me out! I just knew we were going to spill those little cups. (One of them did tip over in the library but luckily it was on a little table and not on the carpet.) Anyways, we also went into the library and the actors from the Seussical Musical read several of the Dr. Seuss books. Before the students got into the library we had lots of time to kill. One of the teachers brought out some puppets for the kids to play with. The purple one is Figment.
There was also a dinosaur puppet, not pictured, and a wooly mammoth puppet.
That Lorax that she is holding got to come home with us. My Little Bit actually won a door prize. The whole thing was fun and I am glad that I decide to take the kids. Another funny story from that evening. There was a little girl there that was maybe two years old. She loved my boy. It was so cute. She would go to her stroller and bring him something. Then go back and get him something else. I think if he was sitting on the floor and not in a chair she would have climbed in his lap. So cute!

No comments: