Well, actually, I can't do it all. I WANT to do it all. I WANT to be supermom. But I can't. It is impossible. Here are some recent examples. I forgot to eat dinner the other night. (Who does that?!) I remembered the kids, but forgot about my own food. Yesterday, I almost couldn't stay awake helping my little bit with her homework so I laid down for a quick nap. One school was having a PTO meeting at 5 and another was needing help around 6:45. I slept until after 6. So, I missed the PTO meeting entirely and I decided not go to the other school. I was feeling guilty and I like to help out. But I realized that I can't do it all. I worry all the time about what people think about me. When in reality they probably don't have time in their busy lives to be thinking about me or if they do, what does it matter? I need to focus on what is important in my life. God being on the top of that list, then family and others. Now is this going to be the cure for my desire to do it all?? No, probably not. I am sure I will be struggling to overcome this for most of my life. I need to remember the Bible says I can do all things THROUGH Christ. It doesn't say I can do everything all on my own. How about you? Do you ever try to do it all?
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13
2 comments:
My kids are still young so I don't feel like I'm there yet, but I know I will most likely have that desire to do it all. Don't beat yourself up, you do a GREAT job!
Great post, April. Definitely feel like this a lot. Thank goodness that His power is made perfect in our weakness. ;)
Post a Comment