Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our Non-Camping Labor Day Weekend

We had plans to go camping for the holiday weekend. Well, there was a little problem with these plans called Hurricane Isaac. There was a 70% chance of rain and storms. So, we decided to skip the camping. Storms in a tent are no fun!

Saturday night we got the local family together to eat and play games. The kids played Monopoly and some video games. The adults played Apples to Apples. It is a fun game that always leads to lots of laughter.

Sunday, we went to church and had a wonderful service. We went to Taco Bell afterwards. My kids say it is kinda tradition. I may take them there way too much. :) We went home after lunch and just relaxed. It was a good day.

Monday, the kids and I worked on the house most of the day. I am trying to clean the kitchen tile and grout. It wasn't sealed when we bought it and apparently you are supposed to do that. Who knew?! We also went to a local church's family day. They had tons of bounce houses, petting zoo, pony rides, food, dunk houses. They had activities you could do inside, too. One station was make your own duct tape wallet. 



Another was make your own slime. That one was messy! They came in little bags, but got transferred when we got home. Little Bit said then she could poke it easier that way.




We were very disappointed that we could not go camping. However, I think we still had a great weekend. My favorite part may have been playing Apples to Apples. What was your favorite part of Labor Day weekend?

1 comment:

Jill said...

We haven't played Apples to Apples but I know a lot of people love it. We'll have to check it out! :)