I had another MRI and a follow-up appointment. The results were good. I had no new lesions and no active lesions. Woohoo! It looks like I am responding well to the new medicine. I had some blood work done to check my white blood cell count. My white blood cell count and other lab work looked good. My vitamin D is still lower than what my doctor wants, so I am going to take prescription vitamin D for 3 months. If everything continues to go well, I go back in 6 months. I received the call about my MRI on my birthday. It was great to have such good news on an already great day!
Five years ago last week I was diagnosed with MS. I remember being in the office actually thinking that the doctor was going to tell me it was not MS. I was shocked when he said it was MS. I was shocked but also relieved to know what was going on with me. There is so much information out there and still a lot of things that are not known about MS. It behaves differently with everyone so it is impossible to predict what MS will do in each person's life. They said it was good that I was diagnosed young and that I am a woman. They said that usually people like me are still walking 10 years out. I couldn't decide if this was reassuring or not. On one hand, I can look at it that it doesn't immediately put you in a wheelchair just because you have MS. On the other hand, I started thinking only 10 years? These first five years have gone by very quickly. I try to remind myself that not everyone with MS loses the ability to walk or loses their vision or the other things on the list. It could also happen to me tomorrow. I could get hit by a bus, too. Only God knows the number of my days and how I will live them. I am praying that I keep my focus on Him and not the MS. I am so thankful that I have God in my life. I also remember five years ago feeling a peace that could only come from Him. This diagnosis didn't ruin my life. I still have an amazing life! Five years and still trusting in Him. :)
Five years ago last week I was diagnosed with MS. I remember being in the office actually thinking that the doctor was going to tell me it was not MS. I was shocked when he said it was MS. I was shocked but also relieved to know what was going on with me. There is so much information out there and still a lot of things that are not known about MS. It behaves differently with everyone so it is impossible to predict what MS will do in each person's life. They said it was good that I was diagnosed young and that I am a woman. They said that usually people like me are still walking 10 years out. I couldn't decide if this was reassuring or not. On one hand, I can look at it that it doesn't immediately put you in a wheelchair just because you have MS. On the other hand, I started thinking only 10 years? These first five years have gone by very quickly. I try to remind myself that not everyone with MS loses the ability to walk or loses their vision or the other things on the list. It could also happen to me tomorrow. I could get hit by a bus, too. Only God knows the number of my days and how I will live them. I am praying that I keep my focus on Him and not the MS. I am so thankful that I have God in my life. I also remember five years ago feeling a peace that could only come from Him. This diagnosis didn't ruin my life. I still have an amazing life! Five years and still trusting in Him. :)
2 comments:
That's awesome, April!!! Praise God!
Wonderful!!! God is so good! Amazing how He uses those hard things and gives us peace and strengthens us!
Post a Comment