Sunday, December 1, 2013

Jonah

Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm.  At this the men greatly feared the Lord, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows to him." Jonah 1:15-16 (NIV)

I heard this verse on the radio the other day. Isn't that awesome how God works? God tells Jonah to go to Nineveh and he runs away. Did God want him to run away? No. However, because of that decision, the men on the ship came to know the true God.  

I have made decisions that were not the best. However, I do believe that God can still use me. He still loves me. And when I finally leave this place, I will get to go HOME to be with HIM. It's the same for you. Even if you have made wrong decisions, He still loves you!

I try to imagine Heaven at times. All of the worst things of this world will not be there. Even better yet, the most wonderful things here on Earth cannot compare to the wonderful, greatness of Heaven. I don't want to leave this world or my family and friends, but I also long for Heaven. No more worries, pain, tears, cancer, need for transplants, or MS. Have you had a verse that has spoken to you lately?

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love this, April! Thanks for sharing what is on your heart. I have really been chewing on Job 1:21 where he says, "The Lord gives and the Lord has taken away, blessed be the name of the Lord." After everything that Job had just experienced, he was still able to bless the Lord. His faith wasn't based on emotions or circumstances. I want that kind of faith.

April said...

That's a good one, Jill. I want that kind of faith, too!

Tracey said...

AMEN!!!