Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Peace

I went to a women's retreat last weekend. It was called Savior, Please. Our guest speaker talked about her husband who had ALS. And she talked about her faith during the three and a half years he lived after his diagnosis. It was such a wonderful retreat. I went there looking for some peace with my MS. I was in a small group setting and we were talking about struggles with certain things. I shared that I have trouble with trust. I worry about having to depend on people. And worry about the unknown. After I shared that with the group, along with crying with no tissues, I felt more peaceful. I think just saying what I am afraid of helps. I also said that I am willing to do what God has planned for my life. I know that He has a different perspective on things than I do. His focus is on eternal things. So, my prayer is Savior, please help open my eyes to see things with your perspective. I am ready for what you have planned for me.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

How awesome, April. :) Sometimes it is so refreshing to go away like that and refocus. I am praying for you. You encourage me!!

Oh, and you need to stuff some tissues in your purse, girl!!! ;)

April said...

Thanks, Tracey! I am so glad that I am getting to know you and the other Bunco girls. I DO need some tissues for my purse. I usually at least have a napkin in there, but I had cleaned out my purse.

Nana Keeton said...

April, please know you are in my prayers. I am so blessed to have you in my life, and humbled to be your Mom and so proud of you. In my work that I have done over the years, God will continue to use you because you want Him too. The people that I know and have worked with have given me so much, they are a blessing to me and so are you. Please know too that Dad and I are always here for you and as we know that you are here for us. I am glad you are able to share your thoughts and feelings. You are such an inspiration!!! Much love and prayers. May Gods will be done - Wishing good news today at the doctors.