Monday, May 3, 2010

Another MRI....

I had another MRI today. I am very lucky to not be claustrophobic. I go to an open MRI, but I can see how it can bother some people. I really like the place where I go. The people are really nice. I even know one of the ladies there. I had her daughter in class a while back. I go to the doctor next week to find out the results. This will make 8 months on my new medicine. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to tell if my medicine is working or not. Sometimes life is full of waiting. It is quite appropriate that at church with Ben's class the virtue of the month is patience. I still feel peaceful. I can see God working in my life. "I lift my eyes up the the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

7 comments:

Pat said...

HApPy, Happy for you getting to go to the retreat and getting so blessed! God is so wonderful, isn't he! Keep striving for Trust in the Lord and Peace from the Lord...you will get it! Sometimes you think not (or I do)...it's like praying sometimes..feels like it hits the ceiling & don't mk it to Heaven. Hang in there...I think the devil really likes to work on us with Chronic illnesses! Seems like everyday I have to tell the devil to get behind me & leave!!! Thots and prayers for you honey on your MRI test! You summed it all up ...Psalms 121:1-2 !!! Love you girl!

ginmommy said...

May I ask you a question? What are they looking for on the MRI? If you don't want to tell me, I understand :)

April said...

This is from the National MS Society website: "MRI is the best imaging technology for detecting the presence of MS plaques or scarring (also called lesions) in different parts of the central nervous system. It can also differentiate old lesions from those that are new or active."

My medicine is supposed to slow the progression of MS. It is not a cure. I was on another medicine that I took every other day after I was first diagnosed. That medicine was not working for me. Then my doctor changed me to my current medicine that I take everyday. My last MRI was 4 months ago. It showed that there was new and active lesions. My doctor wanted to give the new medicine a little more time and did not change anything. I am not sure what he will suggest if my MRI is not what we would like it to be. I just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the question. I welcome any questions. I hope my answer isn't too long. ;)

ginmommy said...

Not at all April!!! I appreciate the information.

Tracey said...

When do you find out the results?? Praying for you...

April said...

I go to the doctor Tuesday afternoon. Thanks for the prayers. :)

Tracey said...

You got it!