Friday, September 9, 2011
Remembering 9/11
On September 11th, ten years ago I was married with two small children living in Knoxville at Johnson Bible College. It was a Tuesday. I was supposed to go to chapel at 9:00, but for some reason I didn't go. I remember watching the tv and having a hard time believing what I was seeing. My husband was at work and I couldn't get him on the phone for a long time. I called my mom and didn't get her on the phone either. Almost everyone at school was in chapel where I was supposed to be. I found a neighbor that was home and we talked some while we were watching the news. I remember thinking it was some crazy accident. Then after the second plane hit.... It was still so hard to believe that anyone could do that on purpose. I finally got my husband on the phone. He had heard what had happened, but didn't have time to talk. He just called to say I love you. The rest of the day is kind of a blur. I remember feeling incredibly sad. Then also very proud of the stories of all the people helping each other. It was a very emotional time. What do you remember about that day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment