Sunday, September 18, 2011
Two Years
I got a card in the mail. It says, "Congratulations on two years of commitment!" It is a card telling me that I have been on my current medication for two years. It honestly gave me a mix of emotions. I thought about how in a way it has felt longer. I also thought about how it is also hard to believe that it has been two years. I went two years ago from a every other day injection to an every day injection. This medication is actually easier to take because it comes prepared. However, it is easier for me to forget. I like to take it at night. But I will sometimes forget and end up taking it the next morning. I don't know why. I do have less reaction to the medicine now. When I first started taking it, the medicine would cause a burning feeling. It would make a big red mark and be very itchy. Now there is still a red mark at times, but it usually doesn't burn or itch. My past few doctor's visits my doctor has been pleased with this medication. I had developed antibodies against the previous medicine. The medicine that I am on now doesn't cure my MS, it is trying to slow it down. Overall I am doing well. Still having the same struggles with the fatigue and cognitive issues. I know that I am still very blessed. Trying to take one day at a time and not worry about the future. The card told me to celebrate this two year mark. I don't think I will do anything besides blog about it. I have thought about doing something on the anniversary of my diagnosis. So maybe in a couple months, at my three year anniversary, I will do something special. I'll have to think on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment