Life. How would you describe life? Like a roller coaster? A box of chocolate? Like a highway? I am feeling stressed about some things in my life right now. My life is flying by and I feel like I can't keep up. But then I feel totally guilty for feeling this way. Why? Because I have so many people in my life that are dealing with major issues. My brother and his family are going through so many things with my nephew in the hospital 10 hours away from home waiting for a heart/lung transplant. Someone else in my life is going for a breast biopsy. Which is scary enough, but also her mom is a cancer survivor and her sister died from breast cancer almost two years ago. I have people in my life with chronic health conditions. I rarely hear them complain. They are so full of praises to God almost every time I talk to them. So, I am trying to stop being a baby and focus on praising instead of complaining. A verse I focus on often is Phil. 2:14 "Do everything without complaining or arguing." The key word being everything. Ok, I have complained enough. I went looking for a verse about rejoicing in the Lord. I found a verse but as I kept reading I loved the verses following it, too. One of the things I love most about God is his peace.
Phil. 4:4-9 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
I pray that you can feel God's peace wherever you are in life.
1 comment:
Great post April!!
Post a Comment